Wednesday, March 29, 2023

A massive medallion

This quilt was not really bigger than a double/queen quilt but the quilter sent along a much more dense/compact batting than the standard quilt batting.  This made advancing the quilt towards the lower part, rather difficult.

About midway through the quilting, I noticed that I was unable to regulate my stitch lengths but I thought it must be due to the density and hoped the problem would resolve itself.  Furthermore, the top had plenty of fullness and hampered smooth quilting as I regularly found puckers building up.

The quilter had an applique motif near the centre and I used this as my idea of what to do on the large white corners.


I used different motifs on the inner part to finish this and by handling the quilt one can clearly feel how much heavier it is compared to other quilts of the same size due to the denser batting.



No comments:

Post a Comment