Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Floral burst

I forgot to ask the quilter whether she had a name for this quilt, so I decided to name it myself.  Most of the fabric had flowers printed on it and she chose a floral edge-to-edge as well.

This is the last quilt I have done (for an extended period anyway) with fleece as backing.  It works much harder than ordinary fabric and one must roll back and forth constantly to make sure the fleece does not stretch too much compared to the top.  This caused me to suffer from overworked thumb muscles and did not help much for my already weak shoulder. I had a frozen shoulder in 2017 and it never really returned to normal afterwards.

The physiotherapist suggested two weeks of total rest, but I think I might just go crazy if I cannot quilt for two weeks long.

I just noticed that this was my 53rd quilt for this year, so more than a quilt for every week of the year.  No wonder my body is starting to act up.

This is however the latest completion.




No comments:

Post a Comment