Sunday, February 16, 2020

Fractured Squares – The start


I’ve wanted to make this quilt for a very long time.  Apart from the fact that it is a free pattern by Becky Tillman Petersen, It is a wonderful scrap buster and I have heaps of those.

One weekend, while too tired to focus on decent free motion quilting on the frame, I decided to cut all my pieces, hoping I counted properly-being that tired.

With hubby playing golf this morning, me having finished all my shopping I started piecing knowing that I might be kept rather busy with customer quilts this coming week as they have already phoned to book.  My rescue sparrow acted as a supervisor as I worked.


I also picked a total of 64 chillies from a little tree outside and decided to make my own chilli sauce, still in the experimental stage but edible.

Not quite finished with the one set of blocks when hubby returned and then it was time to put the parrot to bed, feed the sparrow and wait for the big kids to join us for cricket on TV.

And what a terrible disappointment the cricket was!

No comments:

Post a Comment