Sunday, February 23, 2020

Fractured Squares – Blocks B finished

After work on Friday, I quickly cut a practice piece with backing and batting for the long arm.  During the week I spend a lot of time on YouTube, blogs and Pinterest in search of new ideas for quilting motifs and I always find a least one thing I’d like to try out.  So once I get this loaded I can practise what I’ve seen.

My daughter, who took the baby to a show for babies nearby, stopped in to breastfeed the little one and once they left, I got going on my B blocks.  With all the pieces already cut, this went fast.

I only had 1 round left to do when the cricket against Australia started and I just had to stop.  Didn’t want to miss a thing!  My daughter and the baby returned to sleep over to give her husband somewhat of a break in which he could watch a movie from beginning to end, spend time with the dogs and do all those little chores he so badly wanted to do.

Up early on Saturday, I finished the B blocks and now I can start joining these.

Remember the good deed I planned for this year?  I’d fill continental pillowcases with all my scrap batting and fabric and donate these to animal shelters.  My first one has been filled and donated.


No comments:

Post a Comment