Wednesday, October 09, 2019

A quilt made by a quilters’ mom

When one of the quilters I did a quilt for, came to fetch it I noticed she had a bag in her hand and just after folding the finished quilt, she handed me another quilt made by her mom. I thought it was lovely and luckily she was not in a hurry as I then have just started with another quilt on the frame.

I am surprised at how busy I am kept since having a long arm machine.  It will only be 2 years in November and I’ve never advertised that I quilt for others but somehow our city is not that big and word of mouth travels fast.

Fun things first and friend Karin, I and our spouses attended a Botiver wine tasting evening.  It may be nothing to most but to me, rather special.  When I ordered my Q’nique (November 2017) I wanted to know as much as I could about the machine and did searches on almost every platform I could find.  

So turned out that I saw another South African lady on Facebook that owns the same.  Immediately befriended her saying I need all the help I could get.  Now one thing leads to another, phone calls, What’s App messages and heaps of e-mails and by now, apart from struggles we may encounter with a quilt or machine, we’ve become friends talking about everything else too.

BUT… we’ve never actually met.  She lives on a farm some 10 hours’ drive from us, so not really something we’d do in an afternoon or even a weekend.  Now one of the wines showcased on this evening was produced on their farm and I got to meet her husband!  Even though it was not my friend, at least I am getting a little closer.  Maybe someday.

Back to quilting.  This was a rather small quilt compared to what I normally do, so it went rather fast.


1 comment:

  1. Hettie, We have never met in person, but we bounce things off each other. That is the power of social media. Your quilting has made such a transformation since we became friends. So glad you are staying busy with this. Chris

    ReplyDelete