Thursday, September 19, 2019

Table runner


This was the quilt I attempted with my machine acting up in every possible way.  I had to accept defeat and zip it off the frame to allow for the machine to be sent to Johannesburg for service.  What upset me most is that it HAS been for a service locally and that this is where my problems started.

All’s well that ends well and the technician in Johannesburg is to be praised for his ability to fix my machine super-fast.  It was wonderful to be able to stitch knowing the tension is perfect, the stitch lengths are good and I can simply focus on my designs.

I decided to quilt one motif in all the light background squares and alternate motifs in the two different coloured brown squares. I changed the thread in the brown squares to a brown on top and kept the cream in the bobbin.

The runner is not big (78½” x 23½”) and what should have taken me no longer than 2 afternoons, now took longer than a week.

                                                                                  The back


The front



No comments:

Post a Comment