Monday, October 12, 2009

Hylettha's Daisy Chain


I think there's a reason why 'binding' and 'bed' both start with B's as I often find myself doing the back of my binding (by hand as it should be done!!!) in bed.  Started last night but didn't get to finish so the final couple of stitches were done today amidst cleaning, washing, ironing and listening to the most welcome summer rain falling outside.

Fellow quilter, Hylettha van der Merwe went to Australia with her daughter and brought me back a 4" charm pack and ever since I saw this picture of the Daisy Chain quilt in the book "Making Scrap Quilts to use it up", I just knew that one day I'll make this and upon receiving the charm pack, I did !!

Started in February 2009 and big enough to cover my 2.2 m diameter round bed.

Completed:  12 October 2009

4 comments:

  1. beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. This reminds me of dresden plates, but with just the space between these daisy petals, I like this way better than a dresden plate. I also love dasies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darla
    Love this from the moment I saw it in the book and just knew some day I will make it. Now however, some day I will have to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see what you mean about your tragedy (looking ahead to the next posts). I am sorry to hear that happened to your wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete