Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Good Fortune 9


I have kind of forgotten about this project but with hubby out of town for 4 days/3 nights on a business trip and me having plenty of leftover food to keep myself fed for 3 suppers, I had time to think about my sins and remembered that if I don’t get going with this, it might just turn into a UFO and no-one needs more of those.

I started assembling the second block and I am not too sure I like these colours together but I guess I should only form an opinion once the whole quilt is put together.

Quilting is much slower now as hubby is the gardener in our relationship (I am the shopper… if you win, you win) but he’d surely strangle this ‘shopper’ if he returns and I’ve let his carefully planned and planted flowers and shrubs die and with the heat we are experiencing, it would really not be too strange but where he is, they have thunderstorms and rain EVERY afternoon, so at this moment we are on separate planets and he has no idea what I am talking about.

As I was typing hubby just phoned, busy indoors on the site and when they came out, both batteries of truck was stolen…. Third flippen time but as a South African you must uplift, enrich and educate but hell man, 25 years after apartheid??  Exactly how long will this education process have to go on?  Gatvol!! (Google translate says it is ‘fed up’ but I guarantee you it is worse than that.)

Anyway… done this far.



1 comment: