Friday, June 25, 2021

Scrappy wonky stars

This weeks’ Monday morning started off with grocery shopping and a new normal to me, hubby will be coming along.  He is somewhat more of a spender than I am and sadly I am responsible (financially) for grocery shopping in our house.  It didn’t go too well, he is one of those lucky ones who can eat whatever and as much of anything without gaining weight and a whole slab of chocolate per day is not at all strange to him BUT I don’t think the reality of being on pension, with no increases of annual bonus ever, has sunk in yet.  I think it would be wise to do my weekly shopping alone when he plays golf on Sundays.

To start off with my progress to move heavy furniture to clean underneath and behind it:

Done:

Washing machine

Tumble drier

Dishwasher

Additional small fridge

These were all in the scullery, so while there I thought I might as well wash off the shelves and the inside of the cupboards.  At least one area done from top to bottom and I actually managed to get rid of a couple of things simply kept for that mysterious ‘someday’.

When I got a photo of this quilt from the quilter, I was pleasantly surprised.  I’ve looked at wonky star quilts before but these all seem to be set within a block.  This one was totally different with one star touching the other without being contained in a block.  I immediately liked this.

Her husband brought the quilt to me and the quilting to be done on it, was his idea and I not only loved working on it, although it had heaps of start/stops I am crazy about the overall look.  I think the plan he had to have the stars pop and the background flattened, worked perfectly.




No comments:

Post a Comment