Sunday, November 17, 2019

Scrappy Circles


I received a quilt to do even though this quilter does most of her own free motion on her domestic machine.  She then told me she prefers plain and would have opted for meandering the background and SID on the circles.

My question to her was why she’d pay someone to do something she can do herself?  I suggested making just subtle changes in the design which would have a similar effect as what she planned.

For the background I used loops which to me is the same as meandering – just another shape, it also fills the back. I repeated these loops on the wide outer border as well.

For the inner circle, I used a continuous line also just popping in the occasional circle to keep to the design.  I only used stitch in the ditch (although I didn’t really have a ditch to work with) around the outer circle.

For the inner border, I used a soft swirl just changing direction as I moved along a side.

Completed top



And as usual, the motifs can be seen better on the plain backing fabric



No comments:

Post a Comment