Monday, December 03, 2012

A centipede for princess Lleia


Our granddaughter was named after princess Leia in Star Wars – the spelling is slightly different and our Lleia is much fatter than the Leia on TV!

Now my son’s name is Roelf and our 12 year old African Grey parrot doesn't like him very much but says his name perfectly.  So when my son got married, the parrot immediately called his wife, “Roelf” too. When the granddaughter arrived, we all called her princess – all of us except for Meeko, the parrot, who now calls her Princess Roelf.  Not taught, not told – she made the connection.

I decided that Lleia must have a couple of handmade soft toys and even before I made her the little patchwork puppy in THIS POST I made her this centipede using both knitting and crochet.


Poor Karin had her hands full trying to explain to me all the knitting and crochet abbreviations but it got done!

1 comment:

  1. Baie mooi! Ook 'n vrou van vele talente.

    ReplyDelete