Saturday, October 19, 2013

Sringtime....... nope Springtime!

I am finally done with the Kaleidoscope quilt I've been blogging about in my last couple of posts.  In fact I actually finished it in September already but just found the time to write about it.  Started working again, so my priorities changed somewhat in the last couple of months.

Anyway, the piecing went good, the quilting is fine, the binding is perfect but trust me to screw up somewhere - I made such a boo-boo on the label.  Concentrating to write in my neatest handwriting I misspelled SPRINGTIME and it turned out to be SRINGTIME???  Then I wrote the incorrect year at the completion date!

My dad used to say that a truly great person is someone who can accept they've made a mistake, own up to it and live with it.... so the label stayed and I just made a couple of corrections.
This is the final product and it has already been used on my daughter's bed.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great. Since we hadn't heard from you as of late figured you were still there. Sometimes we just have to step up and do the right thing. Glad you are getting some sewing in. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt, and a good way to fix your label. I make mistakes too, and I like your idea how to leave it and then fix it.

    ReplyDelete