I really wanted a new quilt for my newly renovated bedroom but really didn't need another project with all my UFO’s begging for attention, so I made another plan.
I bought a duvet cover that I thought would go with the room, turned it inside out and stretched and taped it as neatly as possible to my tables.
I then spray basted batting to the wrong side of the top layer and turned it back right side out as softly as possible in order not to move the spray basted batting.
Then I pinned the 3 layers together and off to the machine I went with this baby measuring 2,60 x 2,30 meters and started quilting.
Because the individual layers weren't taped and stretched I did get a little puckering on the wrong side but nothing major and I am quite impressed with the outcome.
Not yet covering my bed (I’ll only take of the old bedding this weekend) our youngest cat, Ash, decided that this was worth giving a try while still folded in a guest bedroom.
I can't wait to see how it would go with the rest of the room!